Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Project 31: 31 Songs in 31 Days

I found a wee bit of inspiration from a pin on Pinterest and thought I would give it a try; it looked like fun! The object, for me, is to inspire small blurbs of journaling to use for a future art journal. For 31 Days I will post a new song-related question for you.


My very own "Miss American Pie"
To play along you simply post the name1 song (and ONLY one song) that answers the question and a brief explanation of why you chose it. So, not liking all of the original questions, I decided to slightly adjust the list I found and created my own.


I'm inviting you to play along, you can answer here on my blog, or on my Facebook page (link in the sidebar.) Just the little bit I've been working on to prepare for this weeks posts has been revelatory. I hope you enjoy 31 days of a glimpse into me!



MAY 1: a song from my childhood
 
Answer:  “The Day the Music Died”
 
Link to a Youtube video with lyrics
 
 
I haven’t heard this song in decades! “Bye, bye Miss American Pie; Drove my Chevy to the levy, but the levy was dry! And them good ol’ boys were drinkin’ whiskey and rye; singin’, 'This’ll be the day that I die; this’ll be the day that I die!'" I remember my little sister and me belting it away and giggling endlessly. We had no clue what all the words put together were talking about, but the cadence of the lyrics was giggle-worthy to 2 little girls! I remember driving around in my mom’s Chevy Nova, sitting in the back seat with my mom’s friend,


me & my brother, Robert
Big Cindy, my sister -  Little Cindy, my brother – Robert, with several other friends of my mom’s, whose names have long been forgotten, riding in the front seat. The windows were rolled down all the way; with the warm Alaskan summer air coming in from the windows making our little girl locks all crazy-tangled. It’s a good memory.


I can't wait to hear what your memories and song will be!

In His love,
Tonya

No comments:

Post a Comment