Saturday, October 29, 2011

lOOK aT wHAT i mADE!

I really do spend lots of time making things! I'm just not so great at taking, editing, and then posting photos. However, yesterday I spent a few hours taking pictures of SOME of the fashion doll things I've made... there are still a LOT MORE!  Slowly, but surely, lol!
Canopied Barbie Doll Bed
Pattern: The Dollhouse Book
Coat & Hat
Pattern: Vintage Virginia Lakin
Summer Luncheon Dress
TCMC Original Pattern
TCMC Oiginal Pattern
Pattern: The Doll Book
Pattern: APF
Pattern: Crafts 'N Things
Easter Bunny
Pattern: 1000 Mailles


I worked this pattern from the French directions. English is my only fluent language, though I can communicate (like a kindergartner) in Spanish and know enough French that I can figure out the general gist of something written, but not spoken. I loved the challenge and the wonderful sense of accomplishment from persevering through the French directions - the finished outfit made the effort well worth it. 
TCMC Original Pattern
TCMC Original Pattern
Pattern: APF

My littlest daughter and I found the hat at the flea market. It actually had a clip on it so she could wear it in her hair, but she quickly decided to remove the clip and use the adorable hat for her dollies!
Pattern: APF

Don't laugh too hard at her haircut... I accidentally laid her too close to my iron as I was sewing one day, and, well, as you'd expect, she ended up with a great big ol' melted hank of hair. So, I did my best to give her an updated hair-do. The learning curve, I am discovering, for re-doing Barbie doll hair is pretty steep. I usually finish with a few expletives and a resounding, " I am NOT cutting any more doll hair!"
TCMC Original Pattern
Tulip-Hem Dress
Vintage Crochet Magazine

Okay, yes, this dress is a little rough... it was one of the first 5 crochet things I tried when I decided to teach myself. SO HAPPY that this is one craft I've found that even the smallest amounts of time result it steady skill improvement. I'm finding that I really enjoy it!
Candy Girl Mini-Dress
TCMC Original Pattern
TCMC Original Pattern
Pattern: Online Freebie
TCMC Original Patterns
TCMC Original Pattern
TCMC Original Pattern
TCMC Original Pattern
TCMC Original Pattern
Pattern: Vintage Omni Book
Crochet Magazine
Pattern: DBDC
Spring Sweetness
TCMC Original Pattern
Pattern: Vintage Dolly Dolly
Around The World
TCMC Original Pattern
TCMC Original Patterns
Pattern: Vintage Good Housekeeping
TCMC Original Pattern
Pattern: AA Costumes & Jobs Edition
Vintage Coats & Clark Book
Scarf - Online Freebie
Pattern: Doll's Ahoy Freebie
Pattern: Retro Butterick
Pattern: Retro Butterick

Shortie Jammies Set
Vintage McCalls Pattern

Well, I hope you've enjoyed this little taste of the things I've created. There is so much more, but I am so thoughtless about taking photos of the finished pieces! (hmmm... I think I see a New Year's Resolution sneaking up on me!)

Also, a guide to the abbreviations:  APF= Ailene's Petite Fashions. AA= Annie's Attic. DBDC= Daniel Bingham Design Company. And, the MOST exciting:  TCMC= The Crafty Mama Creates' Original Patterns. Yes, that's me!!! I really have bee working on making fashion doll sized outfits from various inspirational photos. And, I have been very pleased with the finished garments! I will post these as I finish the editing as either tutorials or as a pattern set. I hope you will enjoy them!

So, I'm off to work on something... I found this week that I only have about 4 birthday cards left in my stash of homemade cards, YIKES! Well, that's on the agenda for this week. And I discovered that my pastor's 21 year old daughter has started sewing! So exciting because I've known and watched this lovely young woman grow into an amazing woman of God since she was 2! Currently, she's a student and still living at home, and, though she has a part time job, her finances are pretty much... assigned. So, I realized that this week would be the perfect time to reduce my fabric stash and pass on to her all that she likes! I can't wait to see the things she creates!!!

I will also work on adding links for patterns; I just have to remember how to do it on blogspot!

Hoping and praying you are enjoying your creative time as much as I'm revelling in mine... HAPPY CRAFTING!

In God's love,
Tonya





































No comments:

Post a Comment