Thursday, October 22, 2009

bARBIE, bARBIE, wHEREFORE aRT tHOU bARBIE... pATTERNS...

I have loved Barbie dolls for as long as I can remember... combing their hair, making up backstories for each of them... changing their clothes endlessly! One of my most favorite Christmas gifts was the year my sister and I got packs and packs of Barbie doll clothes... oh, what bliss! I couldn't wait to get up every morning of Christmas vacation to go play with my girls!

In the fifth grade I took sewing lessons, it was okay; I made a shirt. But in sixth grade, my mother allowed me to use her sewing machine and even gave me a few scraps of fabric. I was in heaven! And my Barbies had tons of tube tops and skirts!

Now, fast-forward to the early 90's - when I got married I gained 2 little nieces. I was so excited that I bought patterns for Barbie doll clothes and made them a stack for Christmas... too bad they could care less about playing with Barbie dolls... Then I had my own daughter and went out and bought more Barbie patterns for her. Once she was old enough - 3ish - she started to play with Barbie, but she wasn't terribly interested... Then came my second daughter, she's a definitely a little more interested. So I'm buying more Barbie patterns.

Here's the thing: the last time I bought patterns for Barbie the internet wasn't such a big thing... but NOW! I am awed by the number of different styles of Barbie doll patterns one can find - and purchase if the price is right! On my Flickr photostream I have a set of the Barbie patterns that I own already. I even have  a few galleries of patterns I would like to have, but there are so many more for which photos just don't exist on Flickr - and for now I have a 200 photo limit and I have lots of other things I'd like to post, so I'm going to give it a try and load the photos of my wishlist of Barbie patterns here...























These are just some of the BURDA & BUTTERICK PATTERNS...Oh, isn't she lovely... isn's she won-der-ful....

Happy crafting!

tONYA rENEE

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I came across your blog in one of the flickr group discussion lists.

    You know I think the best thing about Barbie is dressing her up..... that's all I ever did with her.... that was the most interesting part of having her.

    Mum made me heaps of Barbie clothes, and I think the lack of clothes sold separately in stores for Barbie may be part of the reason kids have little time for her..... though if you are supplying children with clothes and they still don't play I must be wrong.

    anyway, I enjoyed reading your blog and hope to come back again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed my rambling! I so agree with you - the best part about Barbie was dressing her up! Especially in the things I made for her myself...

    Hope to see you back soon!

    Tonya Renee

    ReplyDelete