Friday, September 25, 2009

fROM zERO TO dISASTER iN sIXTY sECONDS

My little studio is just too small! I love my little room with its wall of windows, soft neutral taupe paint, the wood floors, and of course, all of my delightful treasures that are on the verge of making this little room burst at the seams! I especially love that it looks out into our backyard at the swingset where my kids mostly play because of the huge 50+ year-old tree that shades the entire area and the back of our home. I love to pull up the shades and watch them as they make up their little kid games; or listen unnoticed as they negotiate for the usage of a mutually desired toy. I fell such delight when they cheer each other on, and the in musical sound of their laughter and giggles. It's one of my favorite "mom things."





Anyway, I need to get my butt moving, creating way more than I am currently... I have so much stuff! I try to purge my stash, but everything is so pretty, or cute that I just don't want to get rid of it. And I think I have an idea for every little piece I touch! I've just been lacking the mojo to make it. Even the 4 tubs of fabric are the same: I can see each thing I want to make it into; for some I even know exactly which pattern it goes with. I just find my treasures so intriguing... I love the tactile nature. The different surfaces, textures, weights, applications,the colors and the opportunity to express my creativity. I love being creative. I take it as the highest compliment when someone compliments my creations or abilities. I like "owning it." I am creative, imaginative. That's good.




So, I'm off to "sort-ganize." Maybe I'll locate a few things I can part with, maybe not. I know I'll walk away inspired by the time I'm done. Maybe my friend, Mo (mojo) will even come to visit. Most likely I'll find myself elbows deep in stuff and find something I HAVE to use immediately... my task will be forgotten and tomorrow I'll peruse my little sanctuary from the doorway and, once again wonder, "How in the world do I go from tidy to disaster in sixty seconds?!"




"tHROW yOURSELF iNTO tHE wORK oF THE Master, cONFIDANT tHAT nOTHING yOU dO fOR Him iS a wASTE oF tIME oR eFFORT. " ~1 cORINTHIANS 15:50 tHE mESSAGE bIBLE




God is good, He has made me the way that I am and He knows the joy I receive from making things with my hands. And I am so incredible thankful for this gift He's given me!




In His name,
tONYA rENEE


No comments:

Post a Comment